Our urban agriculture installations not only produce fresh, local & organic food but also create practical educational opportunities to learn about sustainable food production and reconnect with our food. We offer a full range of services from project design, assessment & construction, to education & workshops and garden maintenance & support.
- Purpose : educational, promotional, commercial or non-profit production
- Type : outdoor garden or greenhouse, indoor, vertical, hydroponic, aquaponic
- Space and natural conditions
- Environmental assessment (natural conditions, impacts and risks, pollution studies, structural assessment)
- Legal and administrative duties (property and land use, zoning checks, liabilities, licensing, alignment with municipal policies, tax regulations)
- Regulation updates
- Business plan (return on investment)
- Funding solutions (sponsoring, fund raising, grants, loans)
Design & Conception
- Full sketching 2D, 3D
- Accessibility and security
- Environmental integration (landscape or interior)
- Project management
- Full installation (FSC wood, organic soil, compost and seeds)
- Irrigation solution (automatic, self watering, rainwater collecting system)
- Composting solutions
Operations & Maintenance
Education & Workshops
- Educational programs
- Environmental and sustainable education and practices
- Training workshops (maintenance, growing, composting, cooking)
- Community engagement strategies
- Pedagogical and ecological activities
Maintenance & Support
- Season start, maintenance, pest control expertise
- Support and monitoring (growing success, production performance)
- End season appraisal aimed at the continuous improvement and adjustment of the installation (Site extension, additional installation or equipment, CSA distribution, sales)
Jules Verne Secondary School
The school wanted an urban agriculture installation in order to offer its students a new option. After exploring options on the rooftop which lacked a safe access for students, and the mezzanine overlooking the school hall, we found a solution in the underground parking.
The clearance would not allow any commercial standard greenhouse to be installed, so we designed a customs cedar frame greenhouse on the space of 3 parking spots.
We equipped the greenhouse with T5s propagation shelves and LED Flood and drain systems as well as a drip system, ventilation, irrigation an drain.
The greenhouse is used by a number of teachers and for a number of projects. Special needs students find a great interest in the hydroponic equipment. Sprouts, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, strawberries are regularly harvested. A cooperation between the Hydroponic students and the culinary arts students has naturally formed after the first year.
Each project is carried out on a custom basis to meet your needs and we have a number of different options to match the budget, scale and location of your project. Fill out our contact form and one of our team will get back to you to discuss your requirements.
We provide custom installations for each project to suit your needs. These include but are not limited to hydroponics, aquaponics, indoor, outdoor or vertical gardens.
No problem! That’s where our expertise comes in to help you decide what will best meet your needs based on the size, location and purpose of the installation. Fill out the contact form and one of our team will be happy to discuss potential options and ideas with you.